I am so tired of rain and just plain ugly weather. I love spring and everything blooming, bright and beautiful. The weather has a huge impact on my mood. It is Monday, and as most Mondays go I had way too much to do and didn't make near the dent I'd hoped to at work. My devotional this morning was a challenge mentally. It really pointed to where we are seeking God. Too many times we are drawn by a great song, a great message, a great drama and suddenly there's God. How often do we seek Him in the day to day? He is there, plain as day but we go through the week so busy and caught up in what we have to get done that we completely miss Him. I think I realized today that it takes some extra oomph to find Him. This is especially true when you consider I am NOT a morning person and I need a half a pot of coffee just to get myself in any way functioning for the day. I will admit that seeking God in the day to day is not something I practice. I hope to start doing more of it and I want to challenge myself to do it. There are days when I catch myself, stop and realize how long I've been going on auto pilot...even in my devotional/quiet time. It is easy to do, isn't it? I need to do that more often, stop myself and realize that I am not seeking Him as I should be. I want to find that passion once again, the desire to seek after Him with every bit of myself. It seems that the wearyness of this life, this season we are experiencing is taking a toll on my relationship with God. I know I am not alone in this, but how easy it is for me (and just about every woman out there) to get so busy, so caught up, so concerned about keeping all the plates spinning that I forget I can't do any of it alone. God has placed His hands on my life, and I don't want to miss what He has for me. How many times have I packed my schedule so full that I literally don't have time for God anymore? We make excuses, checking off everything we are doing right but it turns out we are just simply doing way too much. How about slowing down, choosing to let a few of those things go in favor of authentic time with God. He is waiting, He has something to say to me today I just know it. I've got to listen, I've got to let it all go and just listen because He is here. I am thankful for that, for how much He really wants to be with me.
Our Great Provider
I am astounded daily at what is happening in our country; and yet, I am even more astounded by how God provides so perfectly. No matter how bad things may appear to be here on earth, He is still on His throne! He does not change and will not be changed by our circumstances. We may be knocked around, beaten up, pulverized, ground up and spit out by what life sends our way--but God is still God and He will take care of us every step of the way. I was burdened today by an article I read about the poverty in our nation. It is heartbreaking, frustrating, so unbelievable to read about these people and how one moment they had secure jobs, raising a family of their own, and now they find themselves in a completely different and what seems like impossible situation. I realized as I read on, trying to swallow this information down just how close every single one of us is to being in their situation. What do you do, how to you go on, when does it get better? I read in my devotional today a...
Comments