I trust You

I was walking yesterday afternoon, wind was a bit cool but it was really beautiful. Chris Tomlin came up on my mp3 player,
"Where You go, I'll go, Where You stay, I'll stay, When You move, I'll move, I will follow. Who You love, I'll love, How You serve, I'll serve, If this life I lose I will follow You."
I don't know how to describe it, but something in me broke. I found my voice to say to God, "Okay, I get it. I trust You, I really do trust You." Tears came to my eyes and as I walked I was aware of His peace. For awhile now I have been struggling to deal with all this stuff we are going through. I admit yesterday was a good day, and it doesn't mean every day will be like that. Today has not been as good but I am giving it to God and I know He'll bring me out of it. I read in my devotional today about God's role as the Vine and ours as the branches. I know I've been withering, choking from the weight of worry and doubt. Matthew 13:22 says "But the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke it, making it unfruitful." It is difficult if not impossible to stay on God's path for our lives. We are bombarded by pressures from the world, from our family and friends, and yes--even from our churches. Whose approval do we seek? The only one that matters is God's. If we seek Him, follow Him, then He will provide. It is very simple really, but we have to complicate it with our own idea of who God is and what His plan is. None of us knows what God knows--He is all knowing, and we are not. There is something to be said for humility, integrity and accountability. These are words that should describe each and every one of us and how we live our lives. I hope my life reflects that to others. I am asking God to break me down and clothe me in these very things every day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen