God's perfect plan

I know His ways are not my ways. He is God, I am not. He is I AM, I am I AM NOT. I know, it takes a minute to get that phrase, thank you Louie Giglio. I am still working on his book and David Crowder's. I love how both of these guys are getting into my head, saying it just like I need to hear it.

I get it now more than ever, isn't it interesting how God uses suffering to help us really get it and get Him? I still haven't completely wrapped my brain around it, it is a work in progress. How easy is it for us to get cocky in our faith, lazy in our Christ walk when things are going well? The truth is, Ryan and I have been experiencing so many trials over the past several years. It began with our move back to Nashville to help start a church plant. Little did we know the direction our Christ walk would go from there. I believe it was the beginning of an amazing work God has been doing in Ryan and I. I can't get this thought out of my head that was in my devotional today. Here it is:
'We must never presume to know God's specific plan without asking for specific directions. Just because He said "Go and make disciples of all nations" (Matthew 28:19), doesn't mean we can presume on His method or His timing; "Apart from Me you can do nothing" (John 15:5).'

Specific. He has a specific plan. God will do it, He will accomplish it in us, through us and for the benefit of the Kingdom. So what happens and how do we handle it when something happens to put a halt on that? What if what we interpret as a halt in His plan is a purposeful and specific part of that plan after all? I don't get it completely yet but I am starting to catch a glimpse of it.

I know I am imperfect, I have made a lot of mistakes in my life in the name of good intention, but I realize on the other side of it God has a use for me even in my imperfect state. It is in that place of vulnerability, transparency and humility that God says, "Okay, I've got you right where I want you. Where you need to be to know the joy of my purpose." I am finding it, the joy. Everything else has been wrung out of me like a washcloth, and I am so thirsty, so ready to absorb everything He has for me. Are you there yet? Come on, give it up, give in, and let Him do a work in you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen