I was listening to Natalie Grant on the way to work this morning, and these inspiring words rang through me with such power and strength:
'I will bring praise, I will bring praise,
No weapon formed against me shall remain
I will rejoice, I will declare
God is my victory and He is here.'

I need this right now. Ryan and I are working through this season daily, but the disappointment of our current situation can be taxing physically, spiritually, emotionally, mentally, etc. It is hard to be living a season of life that is not where we want to be. We know we'd love to be in full time ministry, but that has not presented itself yet. Today my devotional was about worship in every aspect of our lives. Not just when we gather on Sunday, but in every moment of every day of life. Good or bad, boring or exciting, confusing or clear, painful or not--we are called to worship! Moments like this morning on the way to work, talking with God, singing praise to him along with Natalie, I find it a peaceful, easy resting place. He is here, and He is carrying me through the worst of this so I can stand on the faith He has given me. I know I need to trust and be patient, but God, it is so hard when what we desire so badly is not happening! Stupid humanity. It is so easy to be overcome by worry, fear, doubt when life seems to be standing still. I know the Holy Spirit has calmed me today and will do it again, because I am a child of God and He loves me so deeply. He wants so much for me, for Ryan, for our family and I know He will not fail us or leave us in a place of disappointment. I am trying daily to keep my focus on His purpose, whatever that is, so that my heart and mind remain expectant of what He is going to do.

Comments

Pat said…
Yes, Andrea, He will guide you to just the perfect place for your family. The most difficult thing, of course, is to have to "wait". I am not the most patient person in the world and want to "fix it all" myself in so many situations. BUT, I know we have to wait upon the Lord. Hang in there and have Ryan keep sending out resumes and networking all he can. God bless.

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen