He is at work, yes, He is!

It can be said that as life wears us down, our beliefs can become warped. As a Christ follower, I should face life standing firmly upon the Word of God and strong in my faith. I can trust God knowing that the Holy Spirit is within me, growing me, improving my knowledge of all things eternal and ultimately guiding me to a place of greater wisdom and strength. I am at a point in my faith walk and after taking some pretty serious punches from life, I am worn out. But...I am also very, very hungry. Hungry for knowledge, of His Word, of any resource I can get my hands on to push me forward. I am not one to give up, to give in when knocked about. I want to move forward, I must and so I do. I know I am tired, I know I feel as if I can't take one more thing, but somehow I manage to push forward. What is it that keeps me going? When all else seems to fail, what is it? It is Him. I know the Great I Am, the Lord Almighty who is seated on His throne and will not fail me! I know I can make it through each day because I have made the choice to look at life from a faith view and not a world view. The world is saying to me, "Just give up. Settle. Know that you can't do any better, this is it." God is saying to me, "Don't give up! Expect something more, something so incredible that when I give it to you you'll be so amazed and surprised! There is more! Hang on!" Now, reality is that most days I go through this in my mind and my reaction is to say, "Nope. I don't feel like it. I know I should move forward, but I'd rather sink into my bed and give up." I am not sure where it comes from, perhaps it is part of how I was raised, or someone came along and mentored me to believe it, or I just developed the mindset on my own--all in all, it is a combination of many things in my life that has resulted in this person. This woman, daughter, sister, wife, mother whom God has intended to use for a great purpose. I know He has it for me, I have seen it in the events of life that have occurred so far. Somehow the best is yet to come. Deep down, in the very depths of my soul I hear Him saying it to me.
Proverbs 2:3-5 If you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen