And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. Deuteronomy 6:5

I haven't blogged in awhile, Spring Break. I jumped into my quiet time this morning and all day I have been going over in my head this scripture from the message our pastor gave at church yesterday. What does that mean? All? All my heart, all my soul, all my strength...can I even comprehend what that means for me as a human being or is it easier to grasp on a spiritual level? I think it means very simply choosing each day, very deliberately to be like Christ. He was not a predictable man, and he did not follow anyone's rules other than God the father. He came with a purpose, to seek and save the lost and Oh my gosh, how much He loved them! Every single person who came to him He was more than willing to help if they simply believed. I have always found it odd that He told many of those He healed to keep it to themselves. I don't understand that completely, still working on that one. I can practically feel the excitement, the edge in the air as He had healed someone from demon possession, a physical ailment, or an addiction. Did every single one of them go on to embrace the scripture, to love Him fully with heart, soul and mind?! I wonder. I wonder how the rest of their life stories played out. I hope mine will speak for me that I embraced His call, that I took risks for the sake of the call, that I did not hesitate to help someone in need, that I took time to love the Lord as much as I encouraged others to do so. I hope my life speaks for me, what a testimony that can be for someone in need. I never tire of what the Word has to tell me. Scriptures I have read over and over again, somehow they become fresh and new to me as I come across them and renew my sense of trust and faith in God. It is enough to believe, it is expected of us to live it, and I hope to strive toward achieving that daily.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen