I know it can't just be me, but does time go a lot faster than it used to? I remember feeling like summer lasted a whole lot longer when I was a kid. Now I look at the calendar for my kids and think, they don't really have a full three months off it seems. I am amazed how quickly the day gets away from me. By the time I get going, get everything done that I can and reach the afternoon when it is "my time" I can't believe how fast it has gone, how little time I have left. I think God wants us to do two things with our time on this earth. One, cherish every moment we have as if it is our last. Two, considering how fast the time goes, what could we be doing with that time to further the Kingdom? God doesn't want His Son, Jesus to return before everyone, every single person on this earth has the opportunity to know Christ and choose salvation. It truly puts everything in perspective. I have been struggling for a couple days with the financial burden we are carrying right now. I know Satan would love nothing more than for me to give up, sink into depression and despair because it seems so impossible. I know God can make the impossible possible so I choose to daily guard my heart and mind with His word, prayer, and just spending time crying out to Him for the help that only He can give. I try very hard to cleanse my heart and mind and focus on the blessings, time with one another, a healthy family, a roof over our heads, food in our refrigerator, a church family who has embraced us and made us feel so at home. We cannot measure our happiness by what we have or don't have: we must find joy in the here and now because it may be all we have. This is a challenge for me, but I am reaching for it daily, knowing God has the hope and peace I need.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen