Today after my workout, I was thinking about some of the yummy stuff I enjoyed for Valentine's Day. Okay, let's be realistic--how do you get through Valentine's without something sweet to eat? It is not possible. I make sugar cookies and we decorate them every year, get the kids into it and it has become a family fun tradition. So of course, I indulged. I am finding as I get older, sugar is harder to resist and can even be addicitive. I have read more than one book that describes the way our bodies process sugars, and it is very interesting how our body is triggered into craving it. Today I am grouchy and want to eat something sweet and I know it is because of the sweet I enjoyed yesterday. I have quit carbonated drinks too, so I am sure my body is going to experience some form of withdrawal while I get on track from this point forward. On the other hand, I am thankful I am not in a situation where I have become morbidly obese and the work ahead of me would be so much more difficult. I don't think any of us can imagine being at that point, but I think in some areas of our lives we are. How have you allowed yourself to become addicted, obese on the "sweets" this world has to offer us? Part of taking care of this temple, this vessel God can use is to choose to be healthier. I hope in a couple months to hear people around me reacting to the changes I am making. That is an affirmation, encouraging for the road ahead. I have done it before, so I know I can do it again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen