Psalm 36:5-7 Your unfailing love, O Lord, is as vast as the heavens; your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds. Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the ocean depths. You care for people and animals alike, O Lord. How precious is your unfailing love, O God! All humanity finds shelter in the shadow of your wings.

I find it so amazing how simple but powerful God's love is for us. We make our troubles and circumstances seem so big and overwhelming, that it would seem God is not big enough to handle it. Here's truth: My struggles are big, but my God is bigger! I think sometimes in our lives when something terrible occurs, our mind somehow tricks us into thinking God must put us on hold because He has something bigger to deal with than what we are going through. Just because it is so difficult for us to deal with does not mean it is that way for God. I think in some way we make God less of who He is by doing that and somehow we think we can "humanize" him. How easy it is for us to forget He never leaves His throne, and He does not change. Our faith may fluctuate, increase and decrease with our ongoing circumstances both bad and good, but He is still God. Why is is that when we feel far away from God, we think He is the one who has moved? The reality is we are the ones who have moved, He is still where He has always promised to be. This Psalm I read today is a wonderful reminder of how great the Father's love is for us. At some point in our struggle we have to snap out of it by coming back to scriptures like this--His love covers it all! Earlier in this chapter it says sin comes to us in a whisper, and somehow even in a whisper it shakes us, tempts us, knocks us off of our feet. I think our greatest weapon can be the knowledge of the Father's love. He promises to protect us, to guide us, to strengthen us and to provide for us abundantly. We must choose to humble ourselves and be obedient, living a life that is a reflection of Him. We cannot do this by reading a few scripture verses, saying a sweet little prayer and going about our merry way til sometime the next week. It must come with consistent, daily absorption and meditation because after all He longs for us to spend time with Him! I am reading through the Bible this year as one of my new year's resolutions and it has made a huge difference in my walk with Christ. I am finding that I have fallen in love with His word more than ever before in my life. His word taken in daily has deepened the love I have for Him, growing my walk with Him and hopefully reflecting His love that much more to those around me. Dive into His word today and see what happens in your life. I guarantee you will be changed, you will be a better person because of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen