I read in my quiet time this morning in Matthew 22:37-39 Jesus' words to the Pharisees: Love the Lord your God with all of your heart, with all of your soul, and with all of your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: Love your neighbor as yourself.
Are we honoring those commandments in our lives everyday? How many times do we find ourselves in the line at the grocery store, waiting in a doctor's office, or stuck in traffic demonstrating these things? Most of us would answer not often. It is all too easy to get caught up in our own agendas, stuck in a bad mood cause things aren't going as we'd hoped that day and the grouch in us comes out. What would Jesus think of us then? Although it may take some effort on our part and not doing what comes naturally for our human nature, we most likely will feel some sense of relief to know we behaved in a manner that would please the Lord rather than disappoint him. I know it is something I need to work on, a choice I must work harder to make each day. We need to expect the unexpected each day. You never know when a situation may arise that is meant to stretch our ability to be a better person than we could be. I am a work in progress and I know each day God will mold me into more of the person He wants me to be if I choose to be His rather than the world's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen