I am weak, He is strong!

Coming off of a holiday weekend that should have been a much needed rest for us, has instead ended with very little rest. My heart is broken, it is not at ease, it is tired, it is weary, just so weary. I have been absorbing, lapping up scripture and any resource I can find these past few weeks as we've waited with great anticipation to know if this door would remain open for a position for Ryan. Yesterday that door closed, and we find ourselves crumpled in the floor in front of that closed door, disappointed, heartbroken, frustrated. It was hard not to get our hopes up, when what appears to be a great opportunity comes along. After a much needed phone conversation with my mom this morning, I began to dig deeply into the Word. Mom pointed me to Psalm 147, and how appropriate! In particular verse 10:
The strength of a horse does not impress him; how puny in his sight is the strength of a man.
My study Bible led me to another scripture in 2 Corinthians 12:9-10:
"My gracious favor is all you need. My power works best in your weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may work through me. Since I know it is all for Christ's good, I am quite content with my weaknesses and insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

I cannot deal with this, I cannot live, I cannot breathe, I cannot go on one more moment in any power of my own but because of Christ! I know I am weak, I know I am frail, I know there is so much in this life that will beat me up and pull me down but because of Christ...oh, because of Christ! I can! He has given us the strength to go on, He has given us the protection, the provision, the purpose that we all so desperately need! What can I claim in my own doing, my own strengh? NOTHING! It is He who is working in me, gently within me and not forcing or pushing me to it, but working gently in me and through me to bring about far more than I could ever imagine or hope for! (Ephesians 3:20-21)

I don't know what You are up to Lord, but I do know this: You are not finished with us yet and I will be wrapped, I will be strengthened, I will be comforted by Your unfailing love! Thank You, Lord!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen