Psalm 37:16 It is better to be godly and have little than to be evil and possess much.

What is your definition of wealth? Happiness? Contentment? No matter the circumstances I have endured in my life this far, I have always counted myself wealthy in terms of the blessings God has given me. From as early as I can remember, I was never really interested in making a lot of money, having a huge house or fancy cars, being able to spend money on anything and everything I wanted. Material possessions never mattered much to me. I was raised to value hard work, taking care of myself in a way that is both pleasing and honorable to Christ, and always being mindful of how much I have to be thankful for. My parents instilled those values in me and it has carried to my children as I pass it along to them. I think the day we begin to get excited and gradually turn our values toward what we have accomplished or gained in this life is the day we have lost focus on what truly matters. There is nothing wrong with being successful as long as it does not encompass and define your life. It is all in your mindset, your focus on what is of greatest importance. My grandmother has been a wonderful woman of wisdom for me. Her greatest advice to us was to always value our relationship with Christ; everything else is secondary. No matter our victories or failures, we can stand tall knowing we have done our best and endured for the sake of Christ. There is nothing I can do in this life to deserve what He did for me, nothing I can do to earn His love. It is given freely, sacrificially because He loves me. How can a day go wrong with that in mind! Yes, it can and it does but we must not allow Satan to have the victory over our day; we must push through it by our love for Christ and the Word of God, standing on His promises and declaring He will always have the victory. I am having a tough day today, and this is helping me climb out of my funk slowly. It is amazing how tough circumstances can throw off our mood, our outlook on the day. I have to choose to mentally and verbally declare victory over it and embrace God's truth for me. It is a good day to be the Lord's. I am so thankful He chose me, and I chose Him!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen