Matthew 11:28-30 Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I give you is light."
How willing are we to give up everything and trust God with our lives? I will be one of the first to admit I struggle with it daily. I am a bit of a control freak, Ryan will confirm that if you ask him I am sure. I run a pretty tight ship at home, like things done a certain way and if they aren't, my world begins to spiral out of control. I get testy, stressed, a bit angry and very impatient. When I was pregnant and had nesting periods I would go on cleaning frenzies late at night. With three children you can imagine how full my day is. I am up at 6:30 and if I am lucky I will have an hour of my day to myself. I usually collapse in bed by 11:30 or midnight because my mind does not shut down even on a good day. I have some good habits in my day that have helped balance me out, so if I do them I am in a better mood and my world keeps spinning at a manageable pace. I start my day as often as I am able to with my quiet time, although some days it is in the afternoon. Whenever I get it in, I relish it cause it feeds my heart and soul, meeting the needs I have. I have a cup of hot tea once a day, wish I could do it twice a day but I am not lucky enough to have that kind of free time. Some day I am sure that will change. I have started off the new year with jumping back into an exercise routine and healthier eating habits. I am committed to working out 4-5 days a week and have made changes in what I eat to put better things in my diet like fiber, soy, yogurt, and daily supplements. A lot of these things I have done before, but as we all know the holidays tempt us to get a bit lazy. I still have some work to do, but I am on the road to a healthier me. I have committed to a 5k in July thanks to the encouragement of my instructor of my exercise class at the Y. It will be my second
5k, and I hope to work toward additional goals in the future. The greatest moments of my day are with Ryan and the kids, kisses and hugs as often as I can get them and give them, and saying I love you as often as we can. The burdens of this life can cause us to have many tense moments in our marriage and our family, but we talk through it--sometimes loudly--but it always ends with an agreement that we are sticking with each other, we love each other and we know without a doubt God has got a plan. At the end of each day I am thankful I can turn it all over to God, knowing He will take care of me and my needs. Some days it is harder to let it go than others, but I do. Life is not easy, but my faith in God strengthens me to handle it better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen

Light in the darkness