All the way my Savior leads me...

I was singing this song to myself this morning, remembering how beautifully Chris Tomlin sang it at his concert. Such a nice arrangement, and the words just cut me to the core. It hurts to admit I don't like letting go, letting someone else lead me. I like to be in control of my life, but the reality is I am not. He is leading, even when I think I am. Something terrible happens, and boom--there's the jolt of reality. He is in control, not me. I don't like how certain moments of my life have unfolded, I find myself wishing I could go back and do it over again. That is where the human mind can truly drive a person crazy with worry, anxiety, regret. I find that I must make a habit daily of turning my mind and heart completely over to Him. Surrender is not easy, but it is necessary. Surrender is not natural, but it is required of me to be fully committed to the Lord and His will for my life. I read in my devotional this morning about the pursuit toward righteoussness, being like Christ. All of my life I will strive and work toward the goal of one day standing before the Lord, and hopefully hear Him say, "Well done, good and faithful servant." I cannot comprehend that, but I have mixed feelings about it. I am both fearful and humbled by it, wondering how I could possibly be worthy of His love and approval. What a gift He has given us, the sacrifice of His Son for each one of us. None of us is perfect, and we all will live very different lives, but He loves us all the same. That is remarkable, amazing, incredible to think about. If only we could love each other this way, without preconceived ideas, judgemental attitudes, personality preferences. I know He continues to lead me toward this attitude, this reflection of Him to truly love because I am loved. All the way my Savior leades me....each step I take is one more toward the goal of being a perfect reflection of Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen