Part the waters, Lord!

"When I think I'm going under part the waters Lord.
When I feel the waves around me calm the sea.
When I cry for help Oh hear me Lord, and hold out your hand.
Touch my life, still the raging storm in me."

"I need Thee every hour, most gracious Lord.
No tender voice like Thine, can peace afford.
I need Thee, Oh, I need Thee!
Every hour, I need Thee!
Oh, bless me now, my Savior, I come to Thee."

(Arrangement by Selah, Contemporary Christian Music group)

I love this arrangement, and I have had it on my mind for almost a week now. It is a haunting, soothing version recorded by one of my favorite groups. I listen to it when I walk, and it gives me such comfort, strength and deliverance. My day's troubles and stresses melt away as I hear the swelling vocals, instruments carry the song step by step. There are days when just the right song at the right time will overwhelm me, and I find myself on my knees in tears. Sometimes I find in the middle of my walk that I can't help but raise my hands to the heavens, and I feel the urgency to drop to my knees in complete worship and adoration of the Father. I need those moments daily to refresh my heart, mind and soul. The world is a tough, painful and rugged place so it is no wonder by the end of my day I am so tired, so weary, so done with everything and everyone I have had to deal with. I found this verse today as I searched the Scriptures. I think it sums up where our strength and hope should come from.
Romans 15:13 I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.
What wonderful words Paul wrote, truly inspired by God. I am thankful for these words, for the power of Scripture and God's touch upon my life just when I need it most. It is something I need often and daily in my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen