Truth


“By our attitudes are we nullifying the Christian message? Does our behavior contradict the very truths we are trying to get across to others?” – Selwyn Hughes, founder of Crusade for World Revival

People are looking at me. People are watching what I do. People are listening to what I say. They will judge me. They will criticize me. They will not agree with me. They will condemn me. The majority will go along with the loudest and most popular voice in the room. I wonder how many of the loudest voices in our society today stop and think before they open their mouths? I wonder how many of them have someone designated to speak on their behalf, and despite their not completely agreeing with what is to be spoken, they remain silent and go along with the status quo? Truth stands alone, and honestly quite often when we choose truth we will have to be prepared to stand alone. Truth does not always unify, and often times can divide because everyone’s own opinion is so much more highly valued in this day and age. The moment we make an effort to practice accountability with one another, the immediate response is to get defensive. The only way accountability works and truth wins is when we choose humility. I have witnessed how damaging pride and a self-serving agenda can be, and it is devastating. It leaves a mark on your heart for life. It causes me to pause and question whether or not it is worth it to have hope in the human race. When I’m at my lowest point, all I know to say is, “God, why?! Just take me now! I am so done with people, with this world, and so ready for eternity with you!”

In that moment when I’m frustrated, angry, disillusioned, disappointed and just done-He reminds me of His purpose in the waiting. His reason for why we are still here. His reason for allowing so much garbage to be spoken, shared, printed, televised for all the world to witness.

Grace... Mercy... Forgiveness... Unconditional Love... Peace that Passes All Understanding...

Truth is not always popular, but it will win even if we aren’t able to personally witness it. Truth will win because of what God has given us through the gift of His Son, our Savior.

What will you do to set the example today for others? They are looking at you, watching you, listening to you and ultimately learning from you. We are examples to each other, young and old, generation to generation, day in and day out, and we must consider what we are doing in attitude and in lifestyle that may be contradicting the Truth we are intended to represent as Christ followers.

Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up in honor. (James 4:10 NLT)

‘I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection ……’ ("How Deep the Father’s Love for Us", by Stuart Townend)

Seek Him first, live humbly, and love abundantly. This is truly what we are called to do in our time on this earth. This is Truth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen