Monday seems to be the day of the week I am blogging lately. I can't believe how fast the week goes, but it is no wonder with our schedule. Bad air quality for a few days has left me feeling icky-allergies and just sluggish. I wanted to roll over and just stay asleep for a couple more hours this morning. Worship yesterday was sweet, a reminder of God's identity. Society has decided that any god is okay because as long as you are a good person, show kindness, focus on improving yourself and do good things then ultimately every path leads to a rewarding eternity. Some call it "the Light", an inner peace, finding your true self, or any number of idols like Buddha. Whatever the religion, it seems the world thinks you can pick and choose what you like about a religion, mix it together to make your own belief system. The truth is that there is only one, and that is God. He has not changed from one generation to the next: He is the same yesterday, today and forever. That is awesome certainty for us all. I am thankful for that truth, and whether the world likes it or accepts it is irrelevant. At some point the Holy Spirit will convince the hearts of those who are willing to hear and desire to believe after we have had the opportunity to plant the seeds of the gospel. My words, my actions, my existence is for one purpose: to worship God and be an example to others of what true salvation is. I have to daily humble myself, and a lot of times I just don't feel like it. When I am able to tear away the pride, selfish agenda, and complacency I know God can use me and will use me for His glory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen