For you know when your faith is tested, endurance has a chance to grow.
James 1:3
I read this in my quiet time today and thought about something in my devotion for the longest time. Rather than wait impatiently, gnawing at our fingers and wondering if God is really going to come through...we should be expectant. Are we? Am I? Honestly, 90% of the time I worry too much. It is something I have struggled with for years, to the point at times I have lost sleep, lost my appetite, lost touch with reality and slipped into a state of mental fog. There have been moments in our marriage Ryan has even told me about these "episodes" I have had that truly scared him. I have learned in recent years it could be a form of depression I am dealing with. The anxieties of this life should not be a surprise, yet every time something doesn't go the way we hoped and expected, we freak out. Most of us would say we can account for this reaction because it is simply our human nature. But what about those of us who are Christ-followers? Shouldn't we behave differently? I think I am learning as time goes by to deal with anxiety better than I did five, even ten years ago. Life experience, but more than that faith in the provision of the Lord has done that for me. How better can we learn from life, than to have our faith as a cushion? I make it my goal daily when I have my morning conversation with God to be mindful of His presence, thankful for His provision, and to live a life that reflects Him. I am not done growing by any means, and it is sad to say this but many Christians become so content, even cocky in their faith. None of us should claim we are done yet, because after all God is not done with us yet. Each day of life He gives us is evidence of that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen