Today is a good day. We all should say that and think that daily to get our minds and hearts in the right frame of mind. I am finding once again that I don't have enough time in my day to get it all done. That looming to do list that seems to grow with time. As I adjust to working full time again, I find I have to remind everyone in my family to do the same. I did my quiet time in a bit of a hurry this morning but it was good. My habit is to do it when I sit down for breakfast. It is the perfect time cause I am the first one up and to head out the door. Usually I have about a fifteen minute window of pure solitude to enjoy just me and the Lord. I read the familiar passage about the woman who touched the hem of Christ's robe in her desperate desire for healing. I love this passage because it is a reminder to me that even this woman who dealt with a lifelong battle of illness, simply had faith and obviously carried a more positive outlook on life than most. But she was not prideful. She didn't cry out to God and draw the attention of onlookers like many of the people seeking Christ's healing. She was discreet, but of course He knew as soon as she touched his robe that his healing powers had blessed someone. Her faith, her humility and her determination are inspirational to me. I hope to have someone say the same for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen