Life is sweet, and I am so thankful!

The past couple weeks have been a whirlwind, but a whirlwind in which I have found my focus once again. Funny how seeing a portion of your life come full circle can bring a sweet peace to the heart and soul. We have entered this year on new ground, and it has begun by filing for bankruptcy. Our financial history has not been healthy one to this point, so we are turning over a new leaf. We are beginning new, a clean slate of sorts. It comes at a cost though, as we will have to rebuild our finances and our credit over a period of time. We realize what we have done and cannot undo it, but we have learned from it and we are moving forward with confidence. God is our Provider, and we have learned over the past few years that our complete confidence, trust and obedience is due to Him. I am so incredibly thankful for the God we know, love and serve, and everything He has blessed us with. We have loving and supportive families, and we are so blessed to have friends literally all over the country that have prayed for us and supported us. It cannot be said enough just how very blessed we are. I know that God will continue to bless us according to His purpose and for His glory, and so the difference at this point in our lives is that we are more in tune to Him than ever before. God has a sweet song to write upon our hearts, and we are in a glorious portion of the song right now. Our ministry in Brazil has just begun and we are so thankful for how He is using us and will continue to bless our time here. This is one of those moments when I literally have come home from time with family, friends near and far, and with my precious husband and children and I am going, "Ahh, God is so good!" It feels good to be His, to be loved and to be exactly where He intends for me to be at this very moment in my life. Cindy Morgan is one of my favorite artists and she does a beautiful song, "How Can I Ask for More". I love these words:

If there's anything I've learned from this journey I am on,
Simple truths will keep you going, and simple love will keep you strong.
'Cause there are questions without answers, and flames that never die.
And heartaches we go through are often blessings in disguise.
Thank You Lord, how can I ask for more?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen