The Battle of the Bulge

I am once again in a very familiar place in my life...a bit heavier than I'd like and than I should be so I am jumping back in to the weight loss mode. Today has not been good since we had a birthday in the office and everyone brought in something yummy to eat and you know you've got to try a little bit of everything....oh, mercy, I have got to show more will power than this. My goals are realistic and within reach so I don't have any grand plan to lose a ton of weight and suddenly become a vegetarian or something. I want to lose 25 pounds, fit back into my favorite jeans and gain my strength and energy back. I am getting in the exercise but now I've got to get my eating habits cleaned up. Why does it get harder as we get older? It is so easy to gain weight, and so much harder to lose it. I hear in the back of my mind and in the forefront of my heart that my body is the temple of the Lord---so I know I should care for it in a way that enables me to be the best I can for His purpose for my life. I am setting a short term goal for myself to lose 25 pounds by the Barbados mission trip in October. I have done it before, I can do it again. I know what I need to do, so now I just need to do it. There are so many reasons surrounding me to do this. Talking to Mom last night we agreed it is just one of those things we get lazy, and then we realize for the sake of our long term health we must choose to make these changes in our lives. The battle rages on.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen