Man, I can't believe how fast my days go by. Last night a took a little extra time to love on my children, just not enough time in my day to enjoy with them. Ryan is learning very quickly just how much more he has to help me out at home since I've gone back to work full time. My days are longer this summer since we are doing a four day work week. Yes, I get a day off, but the other four days I am working 9-9.5 hour days. This week is is closer to ten hours since we are wrapping up the university's year end. So much to do, not enough time to do it all, something or several something's come up everyday that seem to get us a bit behind, and well, my stress level has gone up several notches. My favorite time of the day is on the way to work in the morning. As the sun is coming up, it is all quiet in the car, and I lift a prayer to God for my day. It gets me started, keeps me centered, and helps me prepare for whatever may lie ahead in my day. That doesn't mean I won't have any surprises, but it helps me have the strength to deal with it better than if I'd rushed into my day instead. So, with that I focus on the blessings in my life. There is so much to be thankful for, and there is always a reason to give God praise. Blessed be the name of the Lord...I love that song by Matt Redman. No matter what, I will choose to praise Him cause He's got it all under control and He has a plan for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen