Today I am going for a health assessment which is a free service to ISU employees. It is the first I've had in years so I am a little anxious about what my results may be. I know I have some weight to lose, but in the back of my mind are concerns with health risks on both sides of my family. I know I shouldn't worry, but I do. Isn't that human? It can't just be me cause I know plenty of people worry. I suppose I take it to a higher level at times which I am certain Ryan would confirm. Anxiety is something we all need to let go of more often. I see anxious tendencies in my daughter, and I know she comes by it naturally due to both parents' personalities. We are approaching teen years with her so I wonder what kind of teen she will be. She already is showing that she favors her Dad's personality much stronger than mine. As another year passes for her, I pray with greater concern that she finds salvation. My son Bailey is a completely different personality, very outgoing and a greater risk taker. He accepted Christ at 5 much to our surprise. We were amazed at his certainty at such a young age. He was full of questions one day in the car, and prayed many times as if he wanted to make sure he'd really done it. It was precious! I know it will be different with Rylee, still I wonder and wait a bit too anxiously. We've talked, we've prayed and I know she understands what the decision means and how wonderful it is. It's time for me to let go and let God. I know it's between Him and her now...but it is hard to wait.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen