For the first time this week I made it to the Y. The Ick has been in our house between AJ, Ryan and I so I have felt like a slug for a few days. It was good to be back, but I am feeling it. Can the same thing be said about our spiritual life? There are days I am sure we all can say we just don't have the time, don't feel like doing our quiet time. Some of you are thinking, "What? I can't imagine missing a moment!", others of you are saying, "Okay, I slip from time to time", and still others of you might actually admit, "I don't have the time, find it a struggle to get into the Word daily". We all have our reasons, but none of them are good. Whether we feel like it or not, we must make time for God daily. It should be like taking our vitamins, eating a meal, brushing your teeth, etc.; in other words, a habit. But in addition, it should be as fresh as a cool breeze on a hot summer day. We need to do it, but it should be invigorating, encouraging, revitalizing, inspiring, and enlightening. It should fill our hearts, minds and souls every single day. I have many days that I am physically and mentally exhausted, would love to curl up in a ball and just sleep the day away. Those days I have to force myself, choose to put one foot in front of the other and bathe myself in time with God. For me, the result is always renewal. I know Satan would love for me to give up and choose to be a slug, but my relationship with Christ inspires me to make the effort.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen

Light in the darkness