I will not be moved.....


I am weary, Lord, life is really hard a lot of the time. But You are good, always good, always faithful. Always near. Always God. You never change. That’s solid ground beneath my feet even when the pavement of the road of this life is cracked and marked with the occasional pothole. It’s not impossible, even though it feels as if it is sometimes. I stumble as I step, and fall to my knees but I always get back up. I refuse to be a casualty of this war. I will not be a victim. I will endure. I will remain determined and move forward, even if it is just one small step at a time. There are some days when all I know to say in my prayers is, “Help me, God…” or “Lead on, Father…”. He knows. He sees our condition, feels the weight of the burden we carry, and is right there ready to take it for us. Sometimes, I wonder if I am strong enough, and I have to lay it all before my God and ask, “What am I to do with this, Lord?”

“…Be strong and courageous. Don’t be afraid, for the Lord God is with you wherever you go…”
(Joshua 1:9)

No matter what life throws down, no matter how I feel or how I receive it, He is with me and He will give me precisely what I need to keep moving forward. I may be hit hard by something, but I am not defeated by it. I may be momentarily shaken by it, but I am not moved. I find my foundation in Christ and stand confidently knowing God saw this coming. God knows what I am able to handle, and when I witness this thing unfold before me, I look to my God to do a new work through me. He is going before me, He is beside me, and He will come behind me, because I am His child, and I have His greater purpose and powerful presence working in and through me for the good! I will find my focus once again, I may have to evaluate my balance and set some boundaries, but I will keep moving forward and seek Him in all of His glory.

“Call to me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.” (Jeremiah 33:3)

What is the condition of your heart today? What is it in you that still remains hidden, in the depth of your heart, the thing you can’t seem to fully relinquish to the Father’s care? Invite Him to shine His love and light on that very place within you, so He can meet you and comfort you with His abundant, unconditional love. His mercy is new every single day and He loves you so. We need to seek Him first and far more often than we do. We need to make praise our habit, even when we don’t feel like it. The power and the presence of our God is not determined by our position.

Let’s set our minds, set our posture, set our focus upon the One Who holds us. Thank you, Father, for being Who you are and for reminding me Whose I am!

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen