I am who You say I am.....


I wonder on most days if I have been a good enough example of the love and light of Christ in this world. I confess, some days my inner voice grunts and pipes up, “What kind of question is that?! Of course you have! Who on earth has ever made you feel anything less?” Hm. Isn’t that the question? Who on this earth has made me feel as if I have to ask that question and provide a satisfactory answer? Truth? I am hardest on myself of anyone. I think a lot of people are, but most aren’t willing to admit it. I see how busy, well connected and engrossed in life so many people are-and I remember a time when I felt somehow I had to keep up with that. What I learned to accept as my own and “good enough” over time, was just that-my own. My justification for me was and has always been Christ-but that didn't come naturally until later in life. To compare myself or feel pressure to measure up to anyone else in this life, is not at all what He intends for me. Here is where I find my strength, my confidence, my foundation from which all I say and do flows: in Him.

My family has been in the midst of a challenging season for over a year now, multiple factors that we are navigating to the best of our ability. Some good, some bad. I am thankful and mindful day after day, of how much support we have been given as we endure and press on. Our days seem to run over, and run together, as we try to manage our schedules and all that life is demanding of us. We have family, and we have a church family, and we have a network of support near and far, and I cannot fully capture in words what this means to my heart. To know there are people walking with us through this, that is a comfort every human being needs. I would encourage you every single day, to consider and weigh carefully just how blessed you are. There is always, always, always a reason to be thankful and to count yourself truly blessed!

We are bringing a new song to our worship gathering this coming weekend at Story, and I am inviting my Father God to meet me in it as I listen to the words and consider what He has to speak into me through it:

“Who am I that the highest King
Would welcome me
I was lost but He brought me in
Oh His love for me!
Oh His love for me!

Who the Son sets free
Oh is free indeed
I’m a child of God
Yes I am!
In my Father’s house
There’s a place for me
I’m a child of God
Yes I am!”
(Who You Say I Am, Hillsong Worship)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen