Live "sent"

I am a child of God. I am a missionary. I have purpose and power because of the Holy Spirit residing in me! God has revealed His greatness, saved me, and proclaimed His glory so that I may live a life that says I am sent by God!

Are we truly living “sent”? Are we truly embracing the calling God placed upon each of our lives from the day we first gave our hearts and lives to Him?
I know the feeling, I know the struggle, because I deal with it every single day of my life. And I say this to put it in perspective for all of us: No matter our position in this life, working in full time ministry or as a career missionary or in the secular workforce from a high executive level all the way down to those of us working in some of the most stressful, and at times seemingly pointless jobs, we have been called to be the light of Jesus and share the gospel precisely where we are! By choosing to live a life of excellence in Christ both personally and professionally, we are able to fully grasp the fact that we are all missionaries no matter our position in this life. Do we get that? I don’t think so. How often do you have a conversation with someone who is frustrated with their job, finds it unfulfilling and wishing so much to get into a career that is more of their passion, their area of interest, their calling? And how often do we find ourselves chiming in and relating to this person’s struggle? What would change the perspective of that conversation, if we chose to insert this truth: how do you see God using you where you are right now? What if you chose to reset your perspective, and before arriving at work remind yourself that your workplace is God’s mission field and you are a missionary? What if you chose to speak words of life and hope and healing, rather than chime in with the majority about how it’s just another day at the office and how you are just living for Friday? What if we decided to simply be better than we were the day before? How do we get it, live it, share it? It is unavoidable, at some point we all have got to come to the realization that our time on this earth is so brief and no matter how good or bad life is for each of us, we have the best Reason of all to live it to the fullest!

I am a child of God. I am His missionary. I have purpose and power because of the Holy Spirit residing in me! God has revealed His greatness, saved me, and proclaimed His glory so that I may live a life that says I am sent by God!

Listen to what He has spoken over His people, then and now:

Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the LORD your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior; Isaiah 43:1-3 NIV

What are we waiting for? Let’s choose today to make it a better day, be better than we were the day before, find our best in Him and let it shine for all to see. I want to be known by His love, don’t you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen