Blessed Assurance....

In spite of how busy our lives are, trying to manage 4 jobs between the two of us, our 4 children’s schedules (our son Bailey just wrapped up his amazing performance in his school play “Into the Woods Jr” as the Wolf!) and getting our daughter Rylee ready to graduate high school in a matter of weeks, projects, events, gatherings, family time, etc. the last week I have found in particular three precious moments in time that are resonating in my heart and mind this morning after my devotional. God is good, so good. No matter what life throws at us, we will say it loud and say it proud, OUR GOD IS SO GOOD! The day we stop saying it, is the day that bitterness, despair and hopelessness begins to reign. It is truly heartbreaking to me when I think of people in my life who are struggling with this very issue.
In Colossians 3, Paul is speaking to a group and reminding them, encouraging them, challenging them to be filled and overflowing with thanks daily, to clothe themselves with a holy way of life:

Since you are all set apart by God, made holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with a holy way of life: compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. 13 Put up with one another. Forgive. Pardon any offenses against one another, as the Lord has pardoned you, because you should act in kind. 14 But above all these, put on love! Love is the perfect tie to bind these together. 15 Let your hearts fall under the rule of the Anointed’s peace (the peace you were called to as one body), and be thankful.
16 Let the word of the Anointed One richly inhabit your lives. With all wisdom teach, counsel, and instruct one another. Sing the psalms, compose hymns and songs inspired by the Spirit, and keep on singing—sing to God from hearts full and spilling over with thankfulness. 17 Surely, no matter what you are doing (speaking, writing, or working), do it all in the name of Jesus our Master, sending thanks through Him to God our Father. (Colossians 3:12-17, The Voice Translation)

It isn’t enough to simply believe the right things.
Right belief always produces right living. The gift of salvation demands that we put into practice the character of our King. (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Colossians%203&version=VOICE)


Last Wednesday evening, knowing our week would be non-stop with rehearsals and performances for Bailey, we had some one on one time at home while the rest of the family went to church. It was time I will hold precious for my entire life because we had such a precious evening of devotional together. My amazing, kind hearted 14 year old shared how badly he felt because he had not been consistent with his daily devotional time and neglected his time with the Lord. This Mama’s heart swelled to hear his heartache, but I poured on the love and encouragement immediately as we read a familiar passage together and talked about what spoke to each of us through it. I am so thankful to have been witness to the maturity, the growth taking place in my son’s life and to hear him share how concerned he was and how inspired he was by what we studied together to become stronger and more consistent in his walk with Christ. It was a real moment for me to share with him likewise how we all are human, we fail far more often than we succeed in being consistent with our time with the Father, but it is in those moments when we are pressed into His presence and know He hasn’t forgotten us or will hold it against us, and is ready to welcome us into His loving arms. What a good God!

Last night was #2 moment for my reflection over the past week. Ryan and I talked about the message at church yesterday, I missed it as I was serving in the nursery, but he shared how good it was and how important it was to recognize our prayer life begins by simply fellowship with our Father God. Before we begin to rattle off our list of confessions, requests, etc. we simply begin by fellowship with Him. For some, prayer comes very naturally, it is a beautiful ebb and flow we find ourselves weaving effortlessly through, day in and day out. For others, it is difficult, and it is a new experience. As we prayed together last night, I was blessed, inspired, freed, rested. Again I say it, What a good God!

And #3, I had some time yesterday afternoon to spend with my parents, to once again learn from their wisdom on some difficult issues, and agree wholeheartedly with them that God has been so good and we have a lot to be thankful for, a true abundance.

So I’m pausing today to consider, how abundantly God has provided for me and my family. At the same time, I am considering carefully any moments I have allowed to be stolen away with words or actions out of something difficult the day has thrown at me. I am thankful for what I know today, for what God has given me and my family. It is sad to consider how often I hear people in my life waste a single moment in time, hours, days, weeks, years, frustrated because life isn’t great, seems to be going in no real direction and they are simply getting by. I urge you if you are reading this right now, to stop that thinking now! I call upon the mighty name of Jesus, the power of the Holy Spirit to free you from this form of bondage in your life! Consider right now, this very moment that your life does not have to be defined by your past. You have an amazing present moment, right now, right here, to CHOOSE to live a life of freedom, a life God has always purposed for YOU!

I am praying for you today, to step out of the gunk, the filth, the sad thinking and living life to simply get by, and believe God has an abundance for you every single day! It may not happen as you think it should, but that is because He is refining you, preparing you as you wait on Him patiently, for what His perfect purpose is in your life! Don’t give up, dive deep into the blessed assurance He has provided to you the day you became HIS and no matter what—live with joy in Him!

Life is hard, it always will be BUT God is good, and always will be! That is the greater reality we need to not only BELIEVE, but LIVE!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen