Holy Spirit....Come....

I’m walking, I’m filling my lungs with oxygen as I breathe in, breathe out, work through my exercise routine of sorts, allow the Holy Spirit to flow through my heart, my mind, my soul, and wrap me in a cloud of sweet peace.

Yes, that’s what He does.

Every single day….
Never far away….
Cradling my heart as I release my hurt….
Embracing His hope, as I hear Him say……
I am here, here with you, my child!
I am here, here to stay.
Come and draw near to Me,
Come and rest in this peace….
I am here….
I am here!

John 14:26The Message (MSG)
25-27 “I’m telling you these things while I’m still living with you. The Friend, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send at my request, will make everything plain to you. He will remind you of all the things I have told you. I’m leaving you well and whole. That’s my parting gift to you. Peace. I don’t leave you the way you’re used to being left—feeling abandoned, bereft. So don’t be upset. Don’t be distraught.

As I was walking back to my office, I found myself residing in joy, sheer joy, of the knowledge of the Holy Spirit’s residence in my heart, in my life! Do you know what I’m talking about? I’m listening to Christy Nockels beautiful song “Waiting Here for You” and practically raising my hands up as I cross campus, and cannot imagine there being a greater place to be than in His sweet and perfect presence! How often do we stop the busy, frantic, stressed, unending stream of life we experience and allow ourselves to be swept into His peace? I promise you, if you’ve asked Jesus Christ to be your Savior, entered into this beautiful relationship with the Father….you know what I’m talking about.

If you have yet to experience it, especially in the very middle of the most desperate times of your life, then I want to encourage you and urge you to stop what you are doing right now. Find a quiet place for you and the Father, and let it go, just release everything to Him and ask Him to enter. Ask Him to forgive you, to cleanse you, to embrace you. He will. I know it, because I have experienced it and I’ve witnessed it in the lives of my family, of my friends, of people I’ve only known for a day or even a few hours. I believe you will be blessed and I believe you will be changed. And then, I want to hear from you! I want to celebrate with you and meet with you so we can support one another and be accountable to one another! That’s what we do in the community of Christ!

I’m praying for you, hoping for you to find Him, perhaps find your way back to Him after being far from Him for a long time. You know who you are, and I hope you know how deep the Father’s love is for you. It doesn’t matter if you have fallen and think you aren’t worth helping up. You are a person of worth, you are set apart for greater purpose than you realize even in this moment as you are reading this blog entry.
What are you waiting for? He is waiting for you. He is never far away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen