Trust, the Lord is good!

Why should I feel discouraged
Why should the shadows come
Why should my heart feel lonely
And long for heaven and home

When Jesus is my portion
A constant friend is he
His eye is on the sparrow
And I know he watches over me
His eye is on the sparrow
And I know he watches me

Words by Civilla D. Martin, 1905/Music Charles H. Gabriel

We know God is able to deliver us. We know He will carry us through he deepest, darkest valleys. How easy it is when we are in that valley, to walk heavy hearted, feeling the weight of the world and its demands upon us, and somehow we let our weakness determine our path rather than reach for His strength to determine to walk on into His light! Why is this hard? Why do we seem to cherish our struggle? Why do we hold so tightly to what the world tells us is going to make us feel happy, safe and secure? Why? Goodness, the bombardment we are faced with every day! There is a battle raging on and on, and we can choose to be crushed by it or we can fight it and grasp to the only strength that can pull us through-Jesus! When words cannot be formed, when our hearts are broken, when our trust is shaken, and when we cannot see with our physical eyes the light at the end of the tunnel let's choose to reach up and hold on to Jesus! Catch this that I read today:

You are not going to understand why God allows storms and heartache in your life but that should not make you doubt his love. During those times when you are stopped by the furnace of affliction, the sea of trouble and the mountain of despair, remember that it is not a holding place but a resting place. God is keeping you near to his heart and revealing more of himself to you. Only there can you understand that at the end of your weakness is his limitless strength.
(Faith that Defies Understanding, http://mvbernard.com/tag/trusting-god-in-hardship/)

Psalm 28:7, “The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped.”

He is more than able! We are blessed beyond measure, even in this moment that would seem impossible and insurmountable! I want to know and trust and cling to the Father more today than any other day in my life. How will you approach your circumstances-with fear and anxiety, or with joy and praise for His goodness in your life? We have a Savior, and that alone is worth throwing off every care we could ever have in this life. Trust Him, fling aside the burdens that have shadowed your day today and give Him praise for Who He is and for Whose you are!

Praying for you my friend, today, and every day on this journey of life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen