I will tell the story

What is your story? What will be your story when you come through what God has put in front of you? Will you choose to persevere? Will you keep putting one foot in front of the other? What will you do when God sets you apart and gives you something, something you think is just too big to handle? Perseverance. I am thinking on that word today, because it is what we need to do in these times of uncertainty. Persevere. Time and time again I find myself saying it in conversations, with Ryan, with family, with friends, those who have chosen to ride this wave with us and see just what God is up to....and hope is beginning to crest just over the horizon. It may just be a glimmer right now, but it is evident in recent days that God is beginning to reveal what is next to us. I was just reading in Genesis 32 about Jacob, his dream in which he wrestled with an angel. He would not give in, he would not let go, he said in v. 26, "I will not let go until you bless me." To that, the angel gave him a new name and told him it was because v. 28 "...you've wrestled with God, and you've come through." These days there have been moments when I have felt like I have been wrestling with God, in my prayers, in my anguish, in my frustration, in my heart break, in my joys and in my sorrows. It has been one wave of emotion after another, and I know not a moment of it was spent alone but with Him. I know He didn't just hear my cries, He has cried with me. Life is not fair, but God is faithful. I am so thankful for how far we have come, and I am so thankful for the moments that lay ahead. I can't wait to see what God is going to do in the days ahead, and I can't wait to share it with you and add to the story that has already been written.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen