What does that mean?

What does that mean, Lord? How am I supposed to process that? Why do I have to do this now? Really?! Where do I go from here?

Some of many, many questions Ryan and I wrestle with day in and day out. Why Lord, are we at this point in time and for what purpose? This is the most striking question we are asking today. I shared in my last entry how we are back home in Brazil and feeling more unsettled than ever before. If we are truly living life as God intends, then we are to be unsettled. We are not to settle for life being okay, to be comfortable in what the world provides. I heard it today from a friend of ours at church, "Our employer is not the provider, God is the Provider of ALL things!" No matter how much is in our bank account at this moment, He is still on His throne and He is capable of providing and will provide everything we need. How easy it is for any one of us in times of great struggle to doubt that. I am reminded of this scripture:

2 Corinthians 4:7-9 But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

We cannot accomplish one good thing in this life without Christ. Sure, in terms of what the world measures as good we can do a lot, but when it really matters, when it has a lasting and eternal impact it can't happen without God's good guidance and wisdom. I can look back on my life so far and see where there were specific points when He left His mark on my life and used me to leave a lasting and eternal mark for Him on others. I want the path I walk from this moment on to continue to be so, to leave an impact on this world that says I made a difference for Christ, I held my ground and stood the foundation He provided through every obstacle, every triumph, every day of this life. So as Ryan and I are asking the question today, "Lord, what does that mean?" Who knows what it means, except that to be still, to know Him, to rest in the knowledge that He is in control, He has a plan and He will provide is enough.

Comments

Penny McCoy said…
What a beautiful blog Andrea. I am always listening to different people and have learned so much from them. I heard a prayer,
Lord Jesus,I thank you that you are my peace and that you have put your peace inside of me,that I can live with your peace all the time.I have the fruit of peace inside me right now and when I face problems tests and trials, I will say I have the peace of God and let it overwhelm me.
We love you and are in our thoughts and prayers.
I do ask that you pray for Cliff
as he is having a tough time finding a job. He has been working even tho his truck is repoed. He has rented a truck and is now realizing he cannot get ahead as his small paycheck is not coverng the truck rental and be able to pay anything on the truck he owns. I am praying the Lord will give him a new picture of what His destiny is so Cliff can see his life turn around supernaturally and not through his own power.
Donna is threatening to send him to jail again. I don't mean to burden you but when Cliff was in prison I told him to pray for others (I gave him a list) It kept his mind off of himself.
God did not give us a spirit of fear but of power love and a sound mind.Love you, Penny

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen