Worth

I am a child of God, and therefore He sees worth in me. He loves me, He will care for me and provide for me--so there's no need to worry! Okay. Sure. That's not something I struggle with at all! (Can you hear the sarcasm?) These past months since Ryan was asked to resign, it has been a rollercoaster of many emotions for us both. What has gotten us through it? God. What has brought us peace and strength in the darkest moments, when we are on the floor, crying out for answers? God. What will we do as these days continue to pass and we wonder, we wait on what God has for us to do? Trust in God. Obey god. Give Him all the glory because even in this, this valley that seems so deep and as if there is no light at the edge for us to walk toward, He has purpose, He has a plan to prosper us and not to harm us. I found myself meditating on Jeremiah 29:11 again today as I do many days. It gets me focused and centered, re-sets my way of thinking before my day gets started. I continue to marvel at the ways God has blessed us through these days. There is no way in words to fully express how incredibly thankful we are for family and friends who have rallied beside us, blessed us and supported us when we needed it most. It is humbling, and it is inspiring. I know God will use this time and our testimony will be strengthened by what we learn in these days. I believe He will bless us and use us to impact others as a result of what we experience in these days. Nothing we experience is wasted, God has a use for it all. Even in the moments when we ask God to give us what we ask for, what we may not realize is what He has purposed for us is what we are doing this very day. Each and every day, regardless of how we perceive our current circumstances God is using us. We just may not realize it until we hear it in someone's kind words, or in a card, or through a phone call, just what an influence we have been on the lives of those around us each and every day. I am overwhelmed and amazed at what God is doing. I am certain the best is yet to come. Thank You, Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen