Lord, How Good You Are

Psalm 34:8 Open your mouth and taste, open your eyes and see—
how good God is.
Blessed are you who run to him.

How often, in the middle of our greatest struggles, do we find ourselves saying, "Oh Lord, how good You are?"
If we are honest, most of us would answer not at all. It is hard, it is not our natural response and even the strongest Christian can be beat down pretty quick by an unexpected blow from life. The past few weeks as Ryan has had very little work and thus very small paychecks, I have been meditating upon this. I think it has been mostly an unconscious meditation because it has surfaced vividly in my conscious mind today. I have been mulling it over all morning and I heard this great song come on the radio by Drew Cline, "How Good You Are" and it just washed over me like a cool breeze on a very hot day. How can we possibly grasp His goodness in the midst of our weakness? I believe and I keep coming back to this idea of daily arming ourselves with a mindset of great expectation. He has promised us in His Word and we can stand firmly on the foundation He has provided that He will not fail us, He will take care of us, He will sustain us, He will empower us, He will deliver us, He will not fail us! Do you believe it? Are you embracing it? Are you living it? Are you sharing it? He has called us, and if we are being who He calls us to be in this terrible world then we are following Him with reckless abandon! Can you say that about your life? I hope so. I can say that I have a lot of work to do but I hope I am moving in the right direction. I hope when I face the trials of this life--and there are certain to be many more beyond this one--that I will be able to stop, throw my hands to the heavens and shout to God, "Oh, God, how good You are!!!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen