Today is the day, You have made! I will rejoice and be glad in it!

My new fave song is Lincoln Brewster's Today is the Day on his newest project. I have listened to it on the way home from work every day this week and it is such a great release! The past few weeks have been particularly stressful for me, so it is a welcome stress reliever to turn up the volume in my car and sing with Lincoln. There are so many days I don't even feel like getting out of bed, much less uttering these words. I know I have so much to be thankful for, so why is that? The stresses and worries of this life at times can weigh on me like the weights in the gym. It is interesting to visualize myself, lifting the weights, strengthening my muscles, to the point of shaking fatigue, how much further can I go on....there is only so much more I can handle! What if we approached life this way? A challenge comes your way and immediately we question, "How can this happen? Lord, I cannot handle this right now!!" Somehow I sense Him saying, "Work it out, you can do it, hang in there!" He is our trainer, we are the athletes, and He is there beside us coaxing us on toward our goal. When we reach the point of exhaustion He takes us in His arms, pats us on the back and we can hear Him say, "Well done!" Don't you wish your trainer could be so supportive? It kind of puts it in perspective, because I know my limits, but God knows them too and He is going to allow stuff to happen to me because He knows it is for my good. Sometimes I may not see the other side of that struggle for awhile, and I may not ever know the full purpose until I stand before Him one day...but, I can trust He has His reasons and He knows what is best.
Romans 8:28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen