My heart is heavy today, not just because of the school shooting in Connecticut, but because I am very much aware of how our nation, our world needs a Savior. How do we make sense of this, any of this and a number of other tragedies that has occurred and unfolded in our communities? And then, how do we help our children deal with this? I have seen some of the coverage today and I am rocked to my core by how very short life can be. What is most difficult to swallow--God knew this was going to happen today and He did not intervene to stop it. How do we make sense of it? You and I may not want to swallow this in the raw state of emotion and grief, but here it is.

He makes all things work together for my good!

Check it:

Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God’s Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don’t know how or what to pray, it doesn’t matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That’s why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good. Romans 8:26-28 MSG

It doesn't compute right now, because so many of us are outraged and brokenhearted. How will these families move forward? The families of those killed--oh, my word, the loss, the sorrow cannot be contained in words and I cannot fathom what they are experiencing right now. The children, the teachers, all those who were witness to and survived--how will they move forward with this experience marking their lives? It is incomprehendable, unimaginable and no words can provide them with absolute comfort. I have shed tears more than once today as I have tried to put myself in their shoes, and watched as this tragedy has continued to unfold. What can we do? How can we contribute toward their comfort and healing? Pray. God must be weeping with us today, because as certain as this day was to happen He is certain to be grieving right alongside us as well. I hope that out of this, we should each take more time to appreciate the time we have with each other every single day. Whatever you are doing today, every day of your life, choose to move forward cherishing more of what you have rather than running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to do this, get that, keep up with the insane pace of our current society. Perhaps part of God's good to come out of this is to do just that-stop and appreciate this life He has given us! I know there is so much more to understand, that I cannot understand because my mind and my heart can't take it. Certainly God will make sense of it and explain it to me one day when I stand before Him. Until then, instead of wallowing in the senselessness of the tragic occurrences in our world, I will choose to keep loving others as Jesus did, counting my blessings every single day and open my heart to what more I can be doing to give back to my community. There is always something more that we can do. Maybe that is part of the good God intends to come out of this too.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen