What's next? God knows.

“Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live.” 1 Thess. 5:16-18 MSG This past weekend was so good. I had the opportunity to interview for an amazing job, one that could very well launch me into a career field that I believe I have been destined for all my life. God has opened a door, and I am so excited to see what happens next! Ryan had a great opportunity as well, some really good job prospects for him to consider. Coming home was hard for him, more than for me. I went into the weekend with no real expectations, and I deliberately chose to have the mindset that God has provided this interview, and I am so thankful for it. What happens beyond that is not a concern. On the drive home, I listened to my husband share his concerns, and I could sense he was disappointed. How many of us can relate? You are in a job you do not like, you go away for a weekend that is a great start to some new possibilities, and then you are headed back home to that job. Disappointment is a good word for it and I knew he was hurting. As much as we hate to admit it, we wish God would move faster don’t we? We wish He could just snap and it would be so much quicker in terms of how things happen in life. We don’t realize how useful the waiting is. We don’t realize that the waiting, the time in between is when He is requiring us to be teachable, to be flexible, to be moldable. He has His reasons, and they are far above what we can comprehend in the moment. We cannot see further than what He has allowed us to see in this moment, and that should be enough. That should be enough, because we need to trust Him. Trust is hard when we are ready now, when we are not happy, when we are ready for the change because we feel like we have been waiting for so long. I found myself in a different state than Ryan, but I believe there’s a reason God allows for that. When one of us is weak, the other is strong. It is a beautifully balanced system God has given us in our marriage, and I am so thankful for it. At the time it may not make sense, but after, when the dust settles and we know a little bit more, we receive confirmation, then it makes more sense. I am certain God has a plan, and I have a peace that this opportunity is not ending here. I am excited to see what God will do in the weeks ahead. I know He will provide precisely what we need precisely when we need it. His timing is perfect! In these days, I will choose to lean farther into Him than ever before, thanking Him, praising Him, daily, without ceasing, because I know He is working on my behalf. Please keep us in your prayers as we consider what lay ahead, specifically our financial needs. Our budget is already tight, and now we are seeing how we must tighten it a bit more to consider what we may need to relocate in the way of a moving truck, security deposit for housing, etc. We know God is bigger than what we may see as a challenge, and that He will provide for exactly what He intends to take place in the days ahead. We remain incredibly humbled and grateful to you, our sweet circle of friends and family, standing beside us through these days and lifting us to the Father. Your prayers have been felt and make such a difference, far more than you can know. No matter what happens, we will live each day thankful. We can’t wait to tell you what God is doing in the days ahead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen