Oh God, You are my God!

Oh God, You are my God! And I will ever praise You!
Oh God, You are my God! And I will ever praise You!
I will seek You in the morning, and I will learn to walk in Your ways,
And step by step You'll lead me
And I will follow You all of my days. (Rich Mullins)

All weekend, as I marveled at the beauty of God's creation, the changing leaves on the trees, the wispy clouds in the blue sky, the warmth of autumn, seeing and appreciating parts of Indiana that I had not seen left me in awe. It is just amazing what God has done. I think it was so good for me to have a few days to reflect on our journey so far, where we have been, how we are doing today, and where we are headed tomorrow. There are few reasons to hope, but they are reason enough to far outweigh the reasons to give up. I am more certain today than I have been in awhile that God is not finished and in some ways, this is only the beginning. I believe without a doubt that we are on the verge of something quite extraordinary, ready to go where God leads, serve in a capacity that will have no comparison to anything we have done so far. There are some wonderful opportunities yet to explore and we are taking the first steps to do just that: explore. God has something far greater in mind for us than anything we could possibly think of. While it is still difficult to wait and pray, with that we choose to stand firmly, unshaken, immovable from the foundation God has given us. I am so thankful for where we stand today because we have learned once again what matters most and we will not lose sight of what is key--to love our God, to trust His will and His Word, and to follow His leading. God is good, I have no doubt good things are coming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen