About Me

My Photo

I'm a woman of faith, married to Ryan Freeman and have four amazing children, two daughters- Rylee and Chloe, and two sons- Bailey and AJ.  I find a deep sense of satisfaction and joy in my life simply with the time I have to spend with my family.  I'm a no frills kind of gal, keep it simple, be truthful and be kind.  I want the best out of life for myself but more so for those I love and care for deeply in my life.  I am fiercely protective and loyal to my family and close friends.  God has given me the ability to be better than myself every single day, because I am aware of the example I set for others by my words and my actions.  I want my words to challenge and inspire, and hopefully I can provide something of value in each opportunity I have to share my thoughts here.  We all have an influence, whether we choose to recognize it or not.  I hope to make a positive impression on others, and that others will see I'm simply trying to do my best with the life I've been given.  I am not perfect and will never claim to be.  I am appreciative to those who have encouraged and mentored me, and I hope to do the same for others.

Monday, August 24, 2009

When I think I'm going under, part the waters, Lord...

I was thinking just now about a song I heard and sang as a girl, an older Christian favorite by Evie. I have heard more recently a remake of it by Selah, an arrangement with the hymn, "I Need Thee Every Hour". So beautiful, such words of depth and longing, that speaks to my heart and soul. I have had a very hard few days recently, experienced a loss I did not expect to face in my life. I know that despite how my heart and mind processes it, God has a purpose for it. I don't know how I would endure this without my faith. It is a peace that passes all understanding, something I cannot put into words. He knows my needs, and He has met me right where I needed Him to. I know this will pass and in the midst of this healing I will find new strength to move forward. God always provides, and when I cannot take another step I know He will be there to carry me. In my weakness, He is strong so knowing that I can take another step forward.

"When I think I'm going under, part the waters Lord.
When I feel the waves around me, calm the sea.
When I cry for help, Oh, hear me Lord and hold out Your hand!
Touch my life, still the raging storm in me."

Still the storm, Lord and I will keep my eyes upon you. I know you will carry me and protect me, for You are my God, my Savior, my Lord.

No comments: