Consistent

It is a word I don't like, and yet it bugs me when others are not. Consistent. I know I need to be more consistent in some areas in my life. I have done better since going back to work full time and teaching a Bible study group. Every morning as I drive to work, I have my daily conversation with God. I don't turn on the radio, or take a drink of my coffee until I have talked with Him. It sets the tone for my day and makes a big difference in how my day goes. If I have it memorized, I recite my weekly Bible verse to Him too. I know, some of you are thinking "weekly?" For those of you who have the ability to do a daily memory verse, I applaud you. I find it challenging enough to focus on learning one a week, thank you! So, consistent. That is what is stuck on my brain today. When I was at home full time, I found it easier to schedule my day, what I needed to accomplish. Now that I have returned to a full time day job on top of that, not so much. I find chores and the day to day things I need to get done at home are hit or miss. If I am lucky, I will have a good hour in the evening to just sit down and relax. It probably was not much better than that when I was at home full time, but the point is that time is something I don't have a lot of. I find myself wishing daily that I had just one more hour to get more accomplished on my to do list. Whether they like it or not, my husband and my children are being called on to help with that to do list, cause it is just not humanly possible for me to do it all myself. It is hard to ask for help sometimes, cause I want to make sure it is done right the first time. So, this need for consistency can create a lot of anxiety in my life. Didn't I cover that yesterday? Something like that. Well, life is full of anxiety, worry, daily struggles and it will never end. From the beginning of time we have had plenty to worry about. But God is still there to remind us that we just need to rely on Him, let it go, trust and obey.
'Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.' Philippians 4:6
That is hard. I want to hold on to my worries and anxiety like a warm blanket, as if I can somehow control the outcome. I can't. He is able to deliver me. He will every time, but I need to lay it at His feet and follow Him with reckless abandon. I can do this, and I know it will not be easy, but it is something I will work on every day of my life on this earth. There is joy and strength for each day when I can truly give my life and all its cares to Him. Thanks God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen