He is Risen!


“He is not here! He is risen!” (Luke 24:6 NIV)

Last night I was imagining from my tiny perspective, what it must have felt like to approach the tomb where they laid Jesus’ body, to see the stone rolled away.

The quiet moments after the women had already been there and the angels had just told them that He was not there, He is risen!

The hush just before Peter must have come upon the now empty tomb and peered in to see the cloths laying on the floor of the tomb where He was laid.

I imagine the birds must have been stilled even, all nature quieted just for a moment, as everything awakened with the sun that morning to realize this man whom God had sent to bring about salvation for all mankind in a most extraordinary act of sacrifice and mercy-was RISEN!

I find myself on my knees, just in awe of what has happened here, the experience these women, these disciples had, has left a mark upon this world that I cannot completely appreciate until one day I am in the presence of Almighty God and can declare,

“Hallelujah! What a sacrifice you gave for me!
What a Mighty God You are!
Thank You, my Lord, and my God!”

This week has been very challenging for me, and perhaps God has allowed some things to unfold as they have to let me experience just how deeply I need Him and need to see His story with a fresh heart and mind. I cannot escape the whisper from the Father to me throughout the day to abide in Him. To ABIDE in Him-stick to, hold to, keep to, conform to, consent to, heed and obey-is to KNOW Him as He has intended all along. He created us with greater, more abundant purpose than we will ever fully grasp in our short time on this earth. This life is a process of exploring, failing, succeeding, learning, growing, thriving and trusting somehow our God has us in His loving hands every step of the way.

I have been listening to this new release from Elevation Worship this week, “Hallelujah Here Below!”, and it has lifted me as I have considered the scripture in Luke 24, the moments on that morning as those who knew and spent time with Jesus came to realize He really did what He said He was going to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7MR77AVBOs


He is risen! I will remember His sacrifice, and declare praise and hallelujah from here below!

What a God!

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen