Refresh, Renew, Re-set .....



I was out in our front yard last night, walked over to our tree to look at some of the new buds that are appearing. Transition from one season to the next, it’s interesting to watch it unfold. The time change and the longer days, more time we have with the sunshine into the early evening has been so refreshing. I have enjoyed getting back outside to walk again, because it’s just not the same having to exercise indoors. I admire those of you who get up before 6:00am and get it done. I am not that motivated, my bed is really comfy, and so I struggle just to get on my feet by 6:30am to get ready for the day ahead.

The day ahead holds a lot for me. It can go one of two ways, and when it doesn’t go the way I had hoped and planned, it can take a nose dive to disaster quick if I let it. Perspective: where is it? Is my mind, my heart, my entire being stilled in Him? If I start there, in the perfect stillness of His presence, then I can maneuver the uncertainties of the day much better. We all have a lot to juggle day to day, and some days it is all I can do to keep from waving the white flag because I’m just DONE. Nobody prepared me fully for this season we are in right now. There’s no handbook for us to read about how to manage some of the stuff we have had to deal with. I’d like to think I can handle just about anything, but I have had to learn again in recent days to find my balance and my boundary, set it and not apologize for it. I could not find that without some key people in my life to help steer me back to it. I need that accountability. It’s good to have family and friends in my corner, cheering me on, and stroking my back when I need it. But I need these other key people in my life to help me see when I’ve stepped over the line, and help me find the boundary again. I am the type person who wants to help, and sometimes I get a little zealous about it. I am fiercely protective of family and friends, and sometimes I try to help too much. The boundary line gets blurry for me, because my heart aches to do all I can to make what seems so wrong, right again. I can’t fix it, I can’t fix everything for everyone. But man, I am bound and determined to try! And sometimes, I get burned because I have gone too far. When I reach a point I know I am done and I have gone too far, that’s the point I know my perspective is broken and needs to be re-set. That’s no easy thing, not a fun process. It requires me to acknowledge my pride, my weakness, my failure to be precisely who God intends for me to be. Thank goodness for His mercy, His forgiveness. I need it, and what a relief when I know I can get back to where He intended for me to be all along. I learn a little something more about myself and about my God on the other side of that process.

‘And when I thought I lost me
You knew where I left me
You reintroduced me to Your love
You picked up all my pieces
Put me back together
You are the Defender of my heart’
(Defender, Jesus Culture)


How’s your perspective? Is it time for a re-set? As the seasons are changing, maybe it’s time we seek change in ourselves with the help of our Father God.

I’m praying we seek it, we follow His press upon our hearts.

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen