I"ll go, Lord...because You want me to

The pathway is broken and the signs are unclear
And I don't know the reasons why You brought me here
But just because You love me the way that You do
I'm gonna walk through the valley
If You want me to.... (Ginny Owens, "If You Want Me To")

Psalm 36:5-6 God's love is meteoric, his loyalty astronomic, His purpose titanic, his verdicts oceanic. Yet in his largeness nothing gets lost; Not a man, not a mouse, slips through the cracks.
(The Message)

God has a plan. Day in, day out, we live our lives, many of us assume our lives will remain relatively unchanged, we grow very comfortable in our habits, our schedules, our rhythm and then it happens. Something a bit unexpected. I suppose it is His way of keeping us on our toes. Reminding us that, well, we are not in control. He is! As Ryan and I have walked through the past year or so, we have had to face some less than desirable moments. Thankfully, we have a God who is bigger than it all and has taken care of us every step of the way. We have watched some doors open, and some have closed. We do not want to settle, we want to live a life that is extraordinary and meaningful. We have a purpose, we have been set apart, chosen so that others may see Christ in us. It is in those moments when our faith is tested, when we are pushed to the point of giving up or we may choose to press on, we are truly ready. We are right where He intends for us to be. Please keep us in your prayers as we consider in the days ahead what He is calling us to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen