Jesus, I am resting.....

How appropriate that this week should be particularly trying for me and Easter is approaching. I was thinking this morning on the way to work about how Christ suffered so much for me. He was both human and holy, but he struggled with the very thing he had to do for me that night in the Garden.
Matthew 26:39(NLT) says, "He went on a little farther and bowed with his face to the ground, praying, "My Father! If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine."
He struggled with something, just as you and I struggle. There is a battle raging at all times between our humanity and the holiness we strive toward. Some days I feel like it is a harder fight than others, and I want to cave in, hide, give in to the weakness I feel. But--the Holy Spirit lives in me and He lives in you. Because of my decision to become a Christ follower, I have the choice to live as Christ. I have the power in me to help conquer my weakness and rise above it in Jesus' name. I am amazed, at a loss for words to consider at any given moment what my life would be like and how I would cope with the struggles of this life without God. I do not know how anyone can walk through this life with any form of hope if they do not know God and have a personal relationship with His Son, Jesus Christ. I am so thankful for the strength, the joy, and the peace that I have because of my faith. My faith is in Christ, and it is not in any one church, denomination, group, individual, none of that. My faith and my foundation are founded upon God alone. I am praying this week that my choice to somehow scramble above my struggles will be an example to someone who is hurting and in need of hope. I don't want my weakness to be someone else's reason to live the same, comfortable, unaltered, unhappy life. I pray God gives me the opportunity daily to be a vessel He can use for the good of someone else. I am resting in you, Lord, and I know You will carry me, You will strengthen me, and I am so thankful that You have saved me.

Comments

The Mom (Leah) said…
Very well stated, Andrea. I, too, struggle with some of the same things you stated. Go on going on, Christian, go on going on. Though the days are dark and dreary, there is light ahead and surely, waiting won't be long...

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen