Rollin', rollin', rollin'...

Okay, we are officially inside the final countdown to the move to Indiana. I can't believe how quickly things are moving right now. The church voted Ryan on staff last weekend and we are heading out next week. Whew!! We are excited, anxious, sad, overwhelmed, just in awe of God. This whole journey we have walked over the course of the past 14 months since Ryan's job loss has been like nothing we've experienced in life thus far. It is a lot to process, many different emotions, lessons learned. I am struck by how helpless we truly are to the waves life throws our way--but God is not helpless! He is teaching us day by day to trust Him completely, let go of what we think we have control of and acknowledge His power in our lives. How ridiculous it seems to me that at any point we think we can go, "Okay, Lord, you know I've got this under control, we are doing good and we'll let you know when we need your help." How selfish, arrogant and proud we are. Nothing like being knocked completely on your tail to learn how dependent we ought to be on God. I heard an interesting story on one of my favorite shows last night and this stuck with me: Sometimes our strength lies in being willing to ask for help. At what point do we find ourselves "strong enough" that we don't feel like we need help or can even ask for it? My Granddad is dying, and I found myself having a conversation with God in the car yesterday about it. Time and time again, I have come to realize regardless of my understanding He is in control. I don't have to have all the answers, nor can I comprehend it all. There is so much my tiny human brain cannot possibly fathom, and that is the point when I stretch my hands to heaven and say, "Okay Lord, I get it....it is all Yours, I don't have to have all the answers." Life is precious, I am being reminded through every moment of it to be thankful for the time we have with those we love and make it count. Likewise, we must not waste a moment wondering what to do with our lives, whether or not we can handle a calling God has placed upon our lives. We are His people, called to serve for the furthering of His kingdom. What a gift He has given us, our time on this earth. I don't want to waste a single day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen