Cozy, Rainy Sunday

It has been a good day to stay in, cuddle under a blanket and watch a good football game. Well, a good game...the Broncos could have had a great win today but no. They lost, and it wasn't pretty. It is a sad day in the Freeman family, and the Broncos seem to be having another dismal, just plain disappointing year. I thank my husband for getting my interest in football really going, although I had a good start growing up in a family that rooted for the Cowboys. Dallas is really doing well this year, I guess I can get excited about that...quietly! I hope I will always have someone rooting for me to do my best in life, with my work, my relationships, my hobbies, my passions and gifts. I am watching my three children evolve into such individuals. My daughter is struggling with being a pre-adolescent girl. I remember what it was like to be 10, wanting so much approval, to be accepted, loved and just beginning to figure out who I wanted to be. I see her struggle, and I ache to meet her needs when she is hurting. The hardest part of that is letting God do what only He can do. The needs I cannot meet as her mother, He will always meet as her heavenly Father. I am always going to be her biggest cheerleader, her biggest fan, her greatest ally but ultimately there are so many times in life I will come to this place of letting her go. I don't like that, but I know I must do it so she can find what God has for her, find her own path, find who she is and who she really wants to be. It isn't easy, in fact it makes me squirm quite a bit but I'll do it cause I trust the Father, and I know He knows what is best and holds her life in his hands.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen