It's a Beautiful Day

I woke up this morning, still wanting a bit more sleep, not ready to put my feet on the floor and go. But, I got up, moving forward is a good thing. We had a great service today, it is good to see people come together in worship. I have had several days of just feeling very depressed, burdened, physically hurting from it. It is amazing what Satan thinks he can do to us when we are at our weakest. I have this weapon though, and he knows it. I know he is just crazy enough to think I will forget about it, not pick it up and use it, remembering who I am and whose I am. Man, God is good! As I am writing this I am in a better frame of mind and spirit. Today Ryan and I sat down and agreed in writing and in word to turn the corner. We have so much to be thankful for, we have so much we confessed and asked forgiveness for and we have a renewed sense of direction and purpose. We know what we need to do and we are taking the steps to do it. It is incredible what God has brought us through in 2007, so I cannot begin to imagine what he will accomplish in us in
2008. Our pastor gave us a great word of encouragement today in worship, "Show Love, Share Christ." Such a simple phrase but what power and purpose it carries for us as followers of Christ. I love the scripture he referenced today in Lamentations 3:22-26 which says, 'Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore, I will wait for him." The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.' I want to be always mindful of His blessings in my life, and choose to wait upon Him. No matter the struggle, I want to embrace His promises, step out of my struggle and into the purpose He has for my life. Who likes to wait for anything? I don't like to wait, I am not the most patient person. So I must daily resolve to wait patiently upon the Lord and embrace the joy He has placed in my heart: why is that so hard? It doesn't have to be.

Comments

T Ryan said…
Happy 2008 Freeman's. Your strength and faith is amazing. You don't place blame and you continue to hold your head up and move forward. New home, new job, new state, new life...renewed life.
Look at 2008 as the beginning of great things to come.
Take Care my friends
Tami

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen