Waiting

Nobody likes waiting. I have yet to meet anyone who likes to wait for anything. Whether it is at the doctor's office, the pharmacy, the line at the department store, the drive thru, the repair shop---anywhere and everywhere we have an appointment to get something or do something we are required to wait for what seems like an eternity. How many of us feel the same way with regard to waiting for God to provide? Often times in my life, I have found myself trying to understand why God makes me wait when I know, I just know that this has got to be the right path for me. I have done the research, I have got all the answers I believe that I need to make the right, the wise decision and yet, here I am waiting. I am a bit of a perfectionist, like details, love to be organized and have a plan months in advance. Once I have a plan in place, I develop tunnel vision and believe the path is straight ahead, easy to follow, why should there be any diversions. So, when a hiccup occurs in my plan, I of course get a little out of sorts and frustrated. I know that ultimately God has the plan, but too many times I catch myself going on my own intellect in what I think is a partnership with God to get to the goal I have set for myself. The truth is, there is no partnership---God is in charge, and I have not acknowledged that with my obedience. So, sometimes that hiccup in my plan tends to be God's way of reminding me that I am not the one in control. He is tapping me on the shoulder, telling me to trust and obey Him. So, I say to God, "Wait a minute, what is going on? If I am supposed to just trust and obey you, then how do I know it is going to work out right without seeing it? Can't you give me a glimpse of your plan?" What must He think of me when I expect Him to run the plan by me before I will believe Him? I have to think He must get a kick out of my frustration, it must make Him laugh. When I stop and think about what He is asking of me, it is a lot. It is a risk, it is a sacrifice, and it is a leap of faith to believe without knowing and seeing. This leap of faith I take each day is the kind of example I will live out to show others what a great God He truly is. I don't know everything He has planned for my life, and I know it will mean that I have to wait when I would rather not, but it is for my good. Somehow I have to start each day by choosing to step into my shoes of faith, rather than my shoes of self reliance, and somehow His peace that passes all understanding will be enough.
Phillipians 4:19 And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen