The Power of One....

Today is not just another day. Today is a new day for me because of Christ in me. Each and every single day I have of this life is a blessing, a promise, a guarantee from my Father God that He has great purpose for me and He is just beginning to do a great work in my life today! What is powering you up today? Consider your options, you have two.

One: the power of the one who rules the world to push, pull, and drag you down!

Two: the Power of the One who rules your heart, mind, body and soul, to inspire, empower, encourage and embolden you up!

I think about how determined, dedicated, and passionate my son Bailey is about his love for music. He has found his niche, his greatest passion in music whether it is performing in the school play or with the school choir, in his school talent night or on stage at a coffee bar, and even as he is preparing for auditions at school and for the upcoming solo/ensemble and choir music festival competitions this Spring. He gets in his zone, sets aside his time and focus in his room to work for hours each week on perfecting what he is most passionate about. As a result, that focus inspires and empowers him to be the best Bailey he can be. It is inspiring to me to watch his focus, his attention to detail, his concern for knowing the material he has committed to learning and presenting it as best he can. I see that carry over in how he is growing, exploring his faith in Christ. From the time he first accepted Christ at the age of 5, so many questions coming out of the mind of this child! Sometimes I had to tell him I don’t know, but let’s explore that together and we will find the answers. As I watch his determined focus launch him into more study of the Word, not unlike his determination to study and perfect his musical skills, I am so proud, filled with admiration of the shape my son’s life is taking right before me.

I believe when we choose to tap into the Power of Christ in us, that our Father God is looking upon us with a similar pride, admiration. I like to think of it that way. I am thankful that in the moments when I fail Him, when I allow a particularly difficult moment in my day ruin me, that I can come right to Him for confession of my weakness, to request and accept His wonderful forgiveness, and walk forward into the grace He has for me. It is a beautiful thing, the Power of Christ in us and available to us each and every day. It is how it should begin and end, it is an overflow and ever flow that should rule our being each and every day.

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2 NIV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen