What is it, Lord?

The waiting. It is intense, it is exciting, it is frustrating, it is humbling, it is exactly as He intends for it to be right now, at this very moment in my life. If you've glanced at my blog over the past seven months then you know a little bit about what Ryan and I are going through. God is doing something, we don't know what it is, but we are starting to see glimpses of hope, light at the end of the tunnel. He is working, yes He is! Through my best and my worst moments, I have been clinging to that mantra and it remains embedded in my thought process along with some key scriptures that have pushed us forward on this wilderness road. Something in my devotional stuck yesterday, and so of course, I just have to share it. We are considering God's will, what is it, what does He have for us, what will He do next? What door will He open, and will it unfold into what we see as the next ministry for us? So this thought yesterday, has been etched nearly permanent in my mind.

God's will: It is not a destination, it is a journey.

Don't know how it was worded exactly in my devotional, but that's my take on it. So at almost 40 years old, I have found myself pondering these past months more than any other time in my life, "What is God's will?" I can look back and see points in my life when I was at this place, and there was never a final answer, a point when I could go, "Okay, now my life is set. Now I know exactly what to do, and I don't see how it could get any clearer. Thanks God." How many of us can say we've honestly reached that point? Here's the reality--we aren't ever going to be there. I believe we will reach milestones in our Christian walk, breakthroughs in our faith, achievements in terms of our growth and accomplishments, but we should be living with a restless content. Why? Because the moment we become comfortable with what God has given us, we lose sight of the fact that it never really belonged to us and we need to give back to Him and wholeheartedly say,"No matter how good it gets Lord, my life is Yours! Do Your will and do with me what You will!" Don't get me wrong. I believe we are to be thankful, and live confidently in the life God has given us; the difference is, our focus is on the eternal, things that matter beyond this life. I can't take my money, my possessions, my job, my church, any of it with me when I die. What I can take with me, and what I can say when I stand before my Lord is, "Lord, I did it all for You, I gave my all for You, I am so humbled and grateful for what You did for me that I couldn't keep it to myself! I don't deserve what You have given me, but I am so thankful You chose me!"
If you are in doubt today about where You stand with God, know this:
He loves you and He has forgiven you for whatever you think is keeping you from deserving His grace and mercy. Whatever you did that you think is so big and bad, my God is BIGGER! He has a purpose for you, He has great things for your life and He will work all things for your good! Here's truth:
We know God is working all things together for the good. Romans 8:28 (my paraphrase)

We haven't lost hope and we will not give up. God has an amazing plan and we can't wait to see it unfold. Thank you for continuing to pray for us, to support us, to encourage and love us, and to walk with us. Our hearts are full; we are so incredibly thankful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen